Friday, March 21, 2008

Light-filled lives (part 2)

If you are experiencing darkness (lack of direction and purpose, or hopelessness), what should you do? I believe the first thing you need to do is to remove the distractions around you.

My son has the amazing ability to play a video game, listen to music and carry on a conversation with me. Actually, when we're playing a video game together, he tells me how to do my part while he's kicking tail on his part. I often can't even figure out where I am on the screen, and he knows where we both are, while seeing where the enemy or the next turn is. It's pretty scary!

But when it comes to homework, I have taught him to get rid of all distractions. If the TV is on or the girls are playing in the room, it will be difficult for him to concentrate. Even though he is a multi-tasker, these distractions steal his attention away from what needs to be done. But more on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment