Monday, March 24, 2008

Light-filled lives (part 4)

The next thing we need to do is to get quiet. This is different from removing distractions. Distractions are things on the outside. Getting quiet refers to things inside us.

Ps. 131:2 (NIV) But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.

I have a friend that used to make "dates" with God. She would set the time and place, and then would show up with nothing else planned for hours. She usually had this quiet time on a hill out in a forest. She said the peace of the place enabled her to forget all that was going on in her life and focus on God and His presence.

I like to get up early and sit in my favorite chair... just me, my Bible and Jesus! It's a great way to start the day off right.

It's not important how you do it... the important thing is that you actually do it! You need to write it into your planner and guard this time like you would an extremely important business meeting. The more often you do it, the easier it gets to quiet yourself in the real world!

No comments:

Post a Comment