Thursday, April 3, 2008

The dreaded black tongue!!!

On Monday night I went to bed with a bit of an upset stomach. I awoke in the middle of the night with stomach pain and took a couple of Pepto Bismol chewable tablets. They took care of the problem and I went right back to sleep.

The next morning I awoke with the absolute worst taste in my mouth -- and breath to match. I was a walking biological WMD!!! (Anything THAT bad HAD to come from the devil himself!) When I went to brush my teeth I noticed that the entire surface of my tongue was covered with a black film. I was freaking out! I had no idea what this was from. I thought it might be from the stomach flu that Robin, Ryan and Emma had been fighting, or I had picked up some sort of parasite from the Döner Kebab sandwich I had eaten the day before, or something worse...

Well, the night before last I had some really spicy food before bed. Again I ate a Pepto Bismol chewable tablet... and again I awoke with the horrendous taste and venomous breath!!! Lo and behold... the dreaded black tongue had returned! To quote Forrest Gump, "I may not be the smartest man...", but I was able to put two and two together and figure out the source.

The moral of the story: Don't eat spicy food before bed!

1 comment:

  1. Weird...maybe it was a pb tablet reaction! Is that a side effect?

    Check this site out...pb is probably the cause... http://forums.obgyn.net/pcos/PCOS.0104/1079.html

    ReplyDelete